Recipe: Linzer Torte
- 200 g sugar
- 200 g butter (softened)
- 200 g ground hazelnuts
- 200 g ground almonds
- 100-120 g eggs
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 5 g baking powder
- zest of one lemon
- 2-5 g (approx) of all spice
- 200 g raspberry jam
- egg for egg wash
- optional warm apricot jam, chopped nuts and icing sugar for decoration
- 8" tart ring
- Cream butter and sugar until with paddle attachment on Kitchen Aid until pale. Gradually add the eggs and then zest.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients and add them to the butter mixture (hazelnuts last). Blend until combined. Transfer to piping bag.
- Pipe the mixture like a coil inside of the ring. Pipe an extra layer around the edge to act like the crust.
- Spread the raspberry jam along the base.
- Pipe a lattice pattern over the top of the jam.
- Egg wash the latticed pastry.
- Bake at 190 degrees celsius for 30 min.
- Once cooled, decorate as desired.